Old 31-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default I have the answer to reducing evaporation

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the questions. The membrane is O2 and CO2 permeable. It
reduces evaporation of water molecules. You are correct that evaporation
reduction probably will not occur in your waterfall and it definitely wont
when your water is blown into the air if you have a fountain. Any moving
water that is over 2-3 miles per hour will not be protected. However, most
waterfalls enter into one side of the pond. At the point where the water
would flow down and penetrate through the surface there would be no
protection, because as you state the surface is disrupted by a lot of force.
What would be protected is the rest of the pond. So if your pond was say 20
square feet and the waterfall disrupted 2 square feet when it re-entered,
you'd still have protection on the remaining 18 square feet. Remember,
evaporation is based on water surface area.

It smoothes waves from the wind by reducing surface tension. So to visualize
it think about the wind blowing over your water surface and slipping over it
opposed to pulling it and forming a wave. The product is non-toxic and
bio-degradable and has no impact to the eco-system.

We don't have an independent analysis but that's a good idea, thanks.

Evaporation reduction is up to 40%. To me at least, $9.99 for 40% less
topoffs is worth it.
Remember, this product is not meant to be placed into your pond and totally
eliminate all water maintenance. It is meant to reduce it and give you more
time to enjoy your fish.

Sam

"MattR" wrote in message
You'll have to prove to me that this isn't complete noise. If it
prevents water from evaporating does it also prevent carbon dioxide from
evaporating? Does it prevent oxygen from entering the water? Most
evaporation probably comes from the same mechanism that aerates the
water (a water fall in my case) so how will this prevent water
evaporation in water falls? Not to mention that the water falls will
just continually rip it apart on the pond's surface. If it's only one
molecule thick and anything can poke through it, how will it smooth out
waves from the wind? Can you show me how much it will reduce
evaporation? Show me some independent analysis, not to mention what it
does to the ecosystem...

How will your product even out pond temperature? Evaporation cools a
pond during the day when there's more sun and heat than at night. Sounds
to me like your product will only keep the temperature higher, not more
even.

And about your "fish happy meter", based on the number of babies in my
pond, they're having too much fun as it is.

Matt

Sam Hopkins wrote:
Hi Everyone,

First off let me say that normally I wouldn't post

commercial
info on a newsgroup, but I think that we are all one big family here

and
I'm not some person posting an ad and then never coming back. I just

wanted

come
out with which reduces evaporation. Evaporation as you all know causes
countless top offs and as a few people here have posted, sometimes death
when we forget to turn the hose off. If you're a ponder with aquariums

you
know that evaporation raises humidity and adds a certain smell to the

room.
Evaporation is also responsible for countless other problems that we
generally don't associate it with.

The product is called "NO EVAPORATION!" and is available

online
for purchase. It's pretty reasonable at $9.99 for a 30 week supply for

ponds
and 100+ week supply for aquariums. For a limited time first time buyers

can
get a bottle for free at our online store. It should also be available

at
your local pet stores in the coming weeks.

You can order the product (or free bottle) or get more
information by going to our website at http://www.noevaporation.com

If you have any questions please let me know!

Sam