Old 31-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Where to locate new pond in spring

One thing that I see a lot of people mess up on with placement is that they
place it in some back corner somewhere. You should place it where you can
see it all the time and from sitting on your porch. If you have one of those
houses where you can see the back yard from the front door put it so you can
see it (ie your outside, you open the front door and look in, and see
through the house into the back yard) When you go to sell your house nothing
will take the breath away from potential buyers than the front door view
looking into a beautiful pond.

"Steve and Lisa" wrote in message
. ..
Hi everyone. We just purchased a new home and I know it's too late to dig
our pond this year, but we're not sure where to put it in the spring. The
back is southern exposure, with a small slope 1/4 way into it and several
trees including one very large Pine.

Here is a pic of the back garden, any ideas on where is best? (The kiddy
stuff is going as our son is 13.) Oh and the big vegetation to the left of
the arbor that goes nowhere is the previous owners veggie garden which

we'll
be getting rid of.

http://www.britsintheus.com/backgarden.jpg

Lisa