Old 31-10-2003, 09:43 PM
Franz Heymann

Default compost heap question

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

From: "Cerumen"
Subject: compost heap question
Date: 31 October 2003 11:53

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

My first thoughts on this are that you would be overloading your compost
heap with the chemicals of which the ash is composed.
Moreover, a person who believes in organic growing would (or should)

object
strongly to using ash in a garden, since ash is entirely inorganic.

Peat is totally comprised of plant matter how can it be considered
inorganic or am I missing something here?

The attribution marks got tangled here. The above sentence belongs to
Cerumen and not to me.
Franz

Burning it to produce ash is not an organic process. It is an artificial
chemical process.

Franz

--
Chris Thomas