Old 31-10-2003, 10:02 PM
m.dekort

Default Gourami Suggestions

I have a gourami tank - with tetras, cats and such

I have a Pearl, dwarf, blue, sunset thicklip, albino paradise, paradise,
croaking, chocolate, red neon, blue neon, golden, spiketail and albino
all in the same tank. Where Ii could I have females. Where the female
doesn't have color I have males.

They all do well after establishing a pecking order. When food is in
the tank they chase each other a bit but then settle back down and mingle.

the key is to not have 2 males of the same species. Of course same
species means the gold/blue and albino, paradises and dwarfs establish
pecking orders.

Jim K wrote:

Thanks for all of the good information. I've decided to make a gourami-only
species tank since there is such a wide variety of choices of these fish to
make an interesting tank. I ended up getting (so far) three each of the
following: Dwarf, Red Flame Dwarf, Gold and Pearl. I'm pretty sure most of
them are males.

The Pearl and Gold are supposed to be more peaceful than some of the other
varieties and hopefully will co-exist with the smaller dwarf varieties. In
addition, I have one Betta. We'll have to see how they all get along, but
so far all is well.