Old 01-11-2003, 04:12 AM
Phisherman

Default shredded tree leaves

On 29 Oct 2003 14:08:43 GMT, (WARRENRN1) wrote:

it is that time of year again..... and since i live at the end of a
cul-de-sac....i get covered with everyone's leaves.....
since i like to veggie garden.... what is the best way to store the shredded
tree leaves that i get from my yard.... the garden is too wet to dig them
in.... can i rototil them in next spring ?? should i be adding anything to
them (ie: fertilizer) or just let them winter over ??

After shredding, we put our leaves in the compost bin and watered
them. The next day the bin was steaming hot. In the spring we will
add the black compost to the vegetable garden.