Old 01-11-2003, 05:22 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Cyclamen from seed

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:10:48 GMT, Janet Galpin and Oliver
Patterson wrote:

As long as your planting conditions are right they should be fine
planted out. They're pretty tough and survive well. You mentioned dry
shade which sounds ideal, so I don't think there will be a problem.

I will make one further suggestion: the first summer after
planting out, damp down the bed the seedlings are in, say, once a
week. Not a heavy watering, but a moistening. Cyclamen coum is a
woodland species and I have the impression that its young
seedlings suffer in conditions of total drought.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada