Old 01-11-2003, 02:32 PM
John Towill

Default bad experience with J.Parker bulbs

"gogo" wrote in message
Hi, Just a piece of warning in case you were thinking ordering from

J.Parker
dutch bulbs:
I ordered online mid-September. First, they charged twice my credit card!

had to call their customer services at least 3 times to finally manage to
get my money back. Then, they had apparently misplaced the paperwork of my
(remaining) order: it took 6 weeks to finally arrive now. I know there's
still plenty of time, but I guess Daffodils would have been better off
planted earlier. I just unpacked the order: bulbs are in a very bad
condition: some are mouldy, some are rotten, some have dried off. For
example, I ordered 5 erythronium: 2 out of 5 are completely rotten beyond
recovery. My guess is during all that time, my order was ready to go and
kept in non-ideal conditions. Also, I think that the tulip bulbs are of a
very small size compared to what you can find in Garden center. The reason

ordered there was mainly a question of choice: I wanted some bulbs I could
not find locally, but I it's certainly going to be the last time I use

them!

Philippe, Edinburgh

I must say that I have stopped using them, I ordered bedding plants a couple
of years back, they arrived very late and not in good condition.
cheers
John T