Old 01-11-2003, 05:02 PM

Default Where to locate new pond in spring

now is the PERFECT time to dig, line and landscape the pond, absolutely PERFECT. I
got friends put in ponds and they are busy, busy, busy this time of year in zone 5
right up until there is a couple feet of snow covering everything. Reason is, the
ground is firm and dry. They are not sliding around in a lot of water like in
spring. Transplanting is superb in fall, GRASS GROWS IN FALL, so after you are done
putting in the pond and got it filled, you can do all your major landscaping like
dragging in stones, putting in bulbs and big bushes or trees, etc. furthermore,
plants are cheaper now than in spring. AND, by spring your pond will be properly
aged!!!!
It looks like you have a longer than wider lot. Break that up into "rooms" with the
first room your pond. If you do 2 things, take more pictures including a shot of the
back of the house and draw a sorta plot of where your house is, where your windows
are and the plot of land all to scale, post that and people will help you design it.
Oh what fun.
Ingrid

"Steve and Lisa" wrote:
Hi everyone. We just purchased a new home and I know it's too late to dig
our pond this year, but we're not sure where to put it in the spring. The
back is southern exposure, with a small slope 1/4 way into it and several
trees including one very large Pine.

Here is a pic of the back garden, any ideas on where is best? (The kiddy
stuff is going as our son is 13.) Oh and the big vegetation to the left of
the arbor that goes nowhere is the previous owners veggie garden which we'll
be getting rid of.

http://www.britsintheus.com/backgarden.jpg

Lisa

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List