Old 01-11-2003, 06:22 PM

Default Pandorea jasminoides

"Sacha" wrote in message
:
: "Sacha" wrote in message
: ...
: Presumably because of the long dry spell, the above in its variegated
form
: has some ripened seed. Ray has used all he needs but if anyone with a
: conservatory would like some so that they can give it a go, they're
very
: welcome. It has very pretty trumpet-like pink flowers but can't tell
you
: its ID more precisely than that, as it was given to Ray.
: If anyone would like a few, please email me with your address.
: --
: Sacha
: www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
: South Devon
: (remove the 'x' to email me)
:
: Tell Ray to remove all the pods from the plants, I did not last year as
: thought they looked interesting and I have spent the summer this year
: pulling them up! they got into everything :~) (inside and out)
:
:
: He's got all the ripe ones from that Pandorea but the unvariegated one
: hasn't ripened yet - they're still green. However, I must say that as he
: pulled one pod off this afternoon, a few seeds fluttered to the ground in
: the big double house. Should be an interesting summer next year. ;-)
: Can you keep Pandorea going outside, Charlie? I've seen it in Jersey but
: even there, frost got it eventually, as it did with Mandevilla.
:
: --
:
: Sacha
: (remove the 'x' to email me)

I just googled for it as I didn't know it and came up with David Poole's
site, and he has it outside and mentions it can cope with the harsh winds in
Torquay.