Old 01-11-2003, 07:02 PM
brianflay

Default New Dawn Cuttings

They will be identical, as variation, with rare exceptions, is produced only
by sexual reproduction. Asexual, such as cuttings, retains the original
plant. Budding and grafting give similar results.
Coincidentally, when very young, I was given New Dawn when it actually was
'New' [or nearly so], as a birthday present, and have retained the original
via cuttings when moving house, though this could have been achieved with
any plant.
"Tim Tompkins" wrote in message
Of course!, what else would they be?

Tim

"Donald R. Whalen" wrote in message
I pruned my New Dawn roses this Spring and have managed to root three
cuttings in flower pots. Can I expect New Dawns if and when these

cuttings
mature?

--
Don Whalen

Retired at 17 (on the Centigrade scale), living
comfortably in the beautiful Roanoke Valley of Virginia, USA