Old 01-11-2003, 08:03 PM

Default Pandorea jasminoides

"Sacha" wrote in message
:
: snip
: I just googled for it as I didn't know it and came up with David Poole's
: site, and he has it outside and mentions it can cope with the harsh
winds in
: Torquay.
:
: K
:
:
: LOL. You weren't to know but David is a good friend of ours - actually,
: he's responsible for our marriage! - and visits the nursery often. His
: garden is exquisite - a stunning example of what can be done in a very
small
: space with a huge plant knowledge. But his garden is walled and the
'harsh'
: winds of Torquay are as nothing that sweeps towards us from Dartmoor,
about
: 4 or 5 miles away. So - not much frost or not severe for us, no, but
: entirely and completely different to Torquay, which is a matter of just
: miles away or indeed, Salcombe where we have friends/customers who keep
: Agaves outside all year round. It's the sea that does it!
: --
:
: Sacha
: (remove the 'x' to email me)
:
Which just proves how interesting our climate is with such variables within
such short distances. It also proves that UK climate can always be a good
talking point :O)

It makes it hard to believe that a system of zoning in the US can really
work, but I nothing about it anyway.