Old 02-11-2003, 01:32 AM
Gareee©

Default Where to locate new pond in spring

wrote in message
now is the PERFECT time to dig, line and landscape the pond, absolutely

PERFECT. I
got friends put in ponds and they are busy, busy, busy this time of year

in zone 5
right up until there is a couple feet of snow covering everything. Reason

is, the
ground is firm and dry. They are not sliding around in a lot of water

like in
spring. Transplanting is superb in fall, GRASS GROWS IN FALL, so after

you are done
putting in the pond and got it filled, you can do all your major

landscaping like
dragging in stones, putting in bulbs and big bushes or trees, etc.

furthermore,
plants are cheaper now than in spring. AND, by spring your pond will be

properly
aged!!!!

Interesting.. we just moved this last summer, and we were told not to plant
after Oct. 1 for both grass and clover (there will be LOTS of clover here)

Course it IS cooler, and I DO have to dig out a new pond.... Nah... I'll
chop firewood instead! LOL!!

--
Gareee©
Homepage: