Old 02-11-2003, 01:33 AM
PATRICIA RIDDER

Default Buddha's Lantern

I know the flower of which you speak. It is not the one the one that I
was asking about, although it is a pretty flower. Thanks for the input,
though. I am going back to Busch Gardens tomorrow, (thanks to the residents
buy one day, get the rest of the year free pass), and will find out the name
of the plant then.

"hermine stover" wrote in message
I wonder if the plant is not Physalis franchetii var. Gigantea

This 1-2 foot perennial produces extremely decorative seed cases that
look like glowing orange paper lanterns.

this plant was commonly grown in Brooklyn, and i very much enjoyed
harvesting it because the orange paper lanterns were like
"everlasting" and did not fade or perish like cut flowers...

hermine