Old 02-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default Quaranteen tank

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 04:54:27 GMT, "amanda"
wrote:

I have had same issues before with my 30 gallon tank. Even though you
cleaned with bleach and got it all out, there is still residue. I had
cleaned my tank with mild soap as suggested by many sites and let it sit for
2 weeks with not fish.

Bleach isn't the same as soap (mild or otherwise). Using a simple
chlorine bleach (no extra soaps/ cleaners), it rinses very easily.

This was seasoned water. The temperature was kept the same as in the
75 gallon. No new water had been added. How could the tank go cloudy
so soon and so quickly?

Cloudiness was probably a bacterial bloom. There was suddenly a
bunch of ammonia, and so the bacteria started growing quickly to
handle the ammonia.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua