Old 02-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Totally OT - forgive me!

"Philip" wrote in message
.. .
DO NOT REPLY - This is just a hoax to harvest e-mail addresses.

What a sad, suspicious world you live in! Most people in this newsgroup
with-hold their eMail addresses and it is these wiser souls that tend to
have the broadest knowledge and offer the most useful advice. Of course
there are exceptions to the rule - obviously
is one of them!

The reason for the request is that we have an elderly retriever called
Bacchus who is absolutely magic. He has lots of wonderful skills, including
swimming under water to retrieve stones from the sea bed. He's the reason
that we retired to the country and bought extra land adjacent to our
property - a kind of Retriever paradise. But now he is getting a little
frail, although he still keeps on with his usual buccaneering lifestyle..

On Wednesday we are collecting a retriever puppy in the hope that he will
watch and learn from Bacchus - to be the sorcerer's apprentice. Hence the
desperate search for the name.
So far Google, Yahoo, Britannica, the library, Waterstones and Borders have
been searched to no avail.