Old 02-11-2003, 11:42 AM
jane

Default Totally OT - forgive me!

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 08:07:45 -0000, "Sue da Nimm"
. wrote:

~
~"Philip" wrote in message
. ..
~ DO NOT REPLY - This is just a hoax to harvest e-mail addresses.
~
~What a sad, suspicious world you live in! Most people in this newsgroup
~with-hold their eMail addresses and it is these wiser souls that tend to
~have the broadest knowledge and offer the most useful advice. Of course
~there are exceptions to the rule - obviously
is one of them!
~
~The reason for the request is that we have an elderly retriever called
~Bacchus who is absolutely magic. He has lots of wonderful skills, including
~swimming under water to retrieve stones from the sea bed. He's the reason
~that we retired to the country and bought extra land adjacent to our
~property - a kind of Retriever paradise. But now he is getting a little
~frail, although he still keeps on with his usual buccaneering lifestyle..
~
~On Wednesday we are collecting a retriever puppy in the hope that he will
~watch and learn from Bacchus - to be the sorcerer's apprentice. Hence the
~desperate search for the name.
~So far Google, Yahoo, Britannica, the library, Waterstones and Borders have
~been searched to no avail.
~
~

I've been surfing for this as I can read German websites to some
extent. However, even as far as the total German output of the
Brothers Grimm is concerned, there is no Zauberlehrling mentioned.
http://www.gutenberg2000.de/autoren/grimm.htm
gives all the household tale names and also a later collection of
German folktales that they compiled, but again no luck I'm afraid.
It is very odd it is not mentioned. Have you tried phoning the Goethe
Institute in London? They are the centre for German tuition and
learning in this country and may well have someone who can help!

--
jane

Mark Twain