Old 02-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Sacha

Default Pandorea jasminoides

"Sacha" wrote in message

He's got all the ripe ones from that Pandorea but the unvariegated one
hasn't ripened yet - they're still green. However, I must say that as he
pulled one pod off this afternoon, a few seeds fluttered to the ground in
the big double house. Should be an interesting summer next year. ;-)
Can you keep Pandorea going outside, Charlie? I've seen it in Jersey but
even there, frost got it eventually, as it did with Mandevilla.

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Both sorts of Pandorea are ok outside in parts of cornwall but here in the
cold middle I expect to lose P. jasminoides every third year or so,
about -2c is the last straw so to speak!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Hmm, probably wouldn't last long here. We don't get terrible frosts but it
did go to -5 last year and it lasted for several days. However, other
things we felt certain we would lose, such as Salvia involucrata came back,
so astonishingly did S.boliviana, though it didn't flower and Amicia
zygomeris.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)