Old 02-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Iris McCanna

Default Totally OT - forgive me!

"Sue da Nimm" . wrote in message
I'm desperate to recall a name and so far no-one has been able to

help.
There are lots of wise heads in this group so please forgive me for

going
totally off-topic.
Jakob Grimm wrote a version of the Sorcerer's Apprentice based on

the 1790's
poem by Goethe. He gave the sorcerer and apprentice names - does

anyone know
them?

Having had no luck with the name in all our reference books, the
actual original story of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" was written by
Lucian, the Green writer and satirist who lived AD.120 - 180. If all
else fails you could name him Lucian.

Regards
Iris McCanna

(remove the NOT to mail me)
(all outgoing mails certified virus-free)