Old 02-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Jim W

Default What are you growing new from seed this year?

Kay Easton wrote:

Victoria Clare wrote:

The catalogues have started to arrive...

What are you growing from seed this year, and why?

SNIPPED
And it's about time I got to grips with identification of grasses in the
wild, so I shall buy some named grass seed to be sure I have a firm
identification to start with ... I find a lot of my plant growing is not
so much to provide something nice for the garden, but to find out about
the growth habit and the looks of a particular plant. .. sort of .. one
step further than looking it up in a book.

Hi Kay,

I'm leaving wild stuff to the turfies meself, but cultivated wise I
intend to try some Chasmanthium that I picked up last year..

Very nice, flat seed heads (like someone pressed them).

/
Jim