Old 02-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Anne Wheeldon

Default Totally OT - forgive me!

"jane" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 08:07:45 -0000, "Sue da Nimm"
. wrote:

~The reason for the request is that we have an elderly retriever called
~Bacchus who is absolutely magic.
~On Wednesday we are collecting a retriever puppy in the hope that he will
~watch and learn from Bacchus - to be the sorcerer's apprentice. Hence the
~desperate search for the name.
~So far Google, Yahoo, Britannica, the library, Waterstones and Borders

have
~been searched to no avail.

I've been surfing for this as I can read German websites to some
extent. However, even as far as the total German output of the
Brothers Grimm is concerned, there is no Zauberlehrling mentioned.
http://www.gutenberg2000.de/autoren/grimm.htm
gives all the household tale names and also a later collection of
German folktales that they compiled, but again no luck I'm afraid.
It is very odd it is not mentioned. Have you tried phoning the Goethe
Institute in London? They are the centre for German tuition and
learning in this country and may well have someone who can help!

jane

According to this website the boy is called Hans:
http://www.internet-maerchen.de/maerchen/hexelehr.htm
Not a very good name for calling but I suppose you could change it to Hänsi
or something?
Anne