Old 02-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default New Garden - much excitement

Heather wrote in message

[snip]

I'd be interested to hear opinions on sycamore leaves as leaf mould also.
Leaves, leaves, leaves at the moment! These trees are a menace, they have
self seeded all over the place, send out numerous shoots and grow too

fast.

At my previous home, my neighbour had two huge, fully grown sycamores. It
pleased him to let me have the leaves in the autumn, since he did not care
about gardening, except for keeping a huge, immaculate lawn.
After being stacked in a damp state into black polythene bags and kept for a
year, the product was a dark brown, crumbly, sweet smelling leafmould. It
made an excellent mulch and worm diet.

Franz