Old 03-11-2003, 05:22 AM
Cass

Default We have ...

In article m, Shiva
wrote:

SNAKES!

Or at least one. The chimney sweep came to ready the fireplaces for
the winter and we surprised a big black one who was resting close to
the house. I guess the voles advertised themselves with their rodenty
scent. Or something. One odd thing--it is in the 40s here at night
now. Seems like he should be underground and dreaming voley dreams.

Some snakeologist on the radio (yeah, herpetologist or something or
other) was talking about preserving cottonmouths in the south. He said
that a good snake will each a pillow case full of rodents each year.
Nice visual. Sweet dreams, huh? Frankly, I've found that my snake
population and rodent population are both growing steadily.