Old 03-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Jim W

Default New Garden - much excitement

Heather wrote:

Thanks to Steve on the koi. I will give them a chance then. I really do
need more marginals to disguise the edges of the fibreglass pond, so they'll
have to learn to live with plants.

Thanks to Franz on the leaf mould. I have made it before in a bigger garden
in a wire mesh enclosure, but that was only about 20% sycamore and they took
the longest to rot. This time it's 90% sycamore, hence the question

Now anyone want to share their bindweed control experiences?

Chemical: treat with ususal weedkillers at during active growth.

Organic. Dig out and control.
Juice growth or 'pressure compost' (in homemade squisher) or in a
lightproof barrel to extract nutrients.

Use output as repellent/tonic, and then compost waste.
/