Old 03-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Philip

Default OT Ebay warning

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message ...
"David Hill" wrote in message
Don't know if it is genuine, but just had an e mail supposedly from e bay
wanting me to update all my credit card info and other security details.
Looks to me to be like the scam supposedly from your bank asking the same.
Just a warning.

I had the same some time ago. That is a scam all right. EBay have nothing
to do with actual financial transactions. Their function is only to oversee
the bidding and to put the vendor and buyer into contact

Franz

Franz, This is not quite true. Ebay bought out Paypal a little while
back and so have access to a whole load of credit card and bank
account details.

See here http://news.com.com/2100-1017-941964.html

Paypal themselves are not free of poor publicity :

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...aypal+problems

I will still use Ebay myself, but will not pay for items
electronically.