Old 03-11-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default Digging a new pond

I was thinking of a liner, but they do sell hard side ponds for this use. I have
a hard side pond now. I wanted something different.

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 20:29:12 -0600, "Mutton" opined:

Is it a pre-formed liner that you're considering? If so, just make
sure to level the bed that the pond will be sitting on according
to where the low end (highest point on the slope) will be. The
"high" end of the liner (at the lowest point on the slope) can be
camouflaged / blended into the landscape with stone and ground
cover, among other things.

- Mutt

"animaux" wrote in message ...
My husband doesn't know it, yet, but I plan to dig a hole for a liner and make a
larger pond. This situation is different in that where I want to put the pond
is in full sun in summer, but mostly shade in winter. Will that effect
anything?

In that spot, the slope is about 5 degrees away from the house. I suppose on
the shallow end I would imitate a "beach" so would have to figure a way to keep
the edge up enough so the pond doesn't just pour off. Any suggestions?

I can do the research, and I will, but if anyone actually has this situation
please let me know what you did.

Victoria