Old 03-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] Getting started

I tried once and it got a cold thread and died .. but it was a very young plant
I have seen 2 huge plants with thick trunk over 2 " diameter at 600 ft height
in the Swiss mountains where you have 3-5 months snow ..
I think they put them back in a green house for the winther I see them every year
on their summer terrace
Fucsia is very pretty , sprouts easily from old wood , snaps far too easiy too
and looks very "chinese" the problem is that the new sprouts are very tender and
very sensible to frost it should be easy for you to grow it in Florida theer is
one cultivar use din bonsai taht makes the same sort of chime flowers but white
and I could never see one properly as it looked like fucsia but has another name
styrax japonica ?
http://images.google.ch/images?q=sty...O-8859-1&hl=de
you have some in bonsai as well.. very similar
give a try
Theo

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote:

In a message dated 11/2/2003 9:11:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

My first bonsai
will be a fuscia plant which is no loner needed.

I don't think I have ever seen a Fuscia bonsai. That does not mean it is
impossible.
I think you might benefit from some research/reading before you begin.
If you like looking at and/or printing out Internet pages there are a number
of places on the web with great Bonsai advice.
Check out
www.evergreengardenworks.com. This site has a list of articles on
Bonsai with a number aimed at the beginner.
Most public libraries have a few bonsai books.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++