Old 03-11-2003, 04:04 PM
oldmolly

Default Greenhouse

"Jim" wrote in message
I am about to build a greenhouse on our new allotment, the size of the
greenhouse will be 12ft by 8ft, I have been to BanfQ, and walked around

the
other allotments to get some idea's, what caught my eye was a greenhouse
built using Perspex sheets, it looks really good and seems to be

maintenance
free, i.e., no broken glass to replace, also, no wood to rebate for the
glass and no putty or silicone to secure the glass, just screw or nail the
sheets to the frame

Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of a greenhouse made
from corrugated Perspex, any suggestions welcomed.

In my smallholder maghazine last month there are simple plans for building
a greenhouse cheaply using corrugated plastic and plastic piping. I would be
happy to scan the details and email them to you if you are intertested. In
theory you can build it as large as you choose.