Old 03-11-2003, 06:12 PM
RMartino

Default Weeping Katsura problems

This past spring I planted a Weeping Katsura in a area of light shade and good
soil. My soil type is heavy in clay, but I have been conditioning it to aid in
drainage and organics. I live in zone 6.

The tree never really looked great although it did leaf out. I never got the
beautiful fall colors. In fact over the last month the leaves turned brown and
just fell off. Many of the new growth branches do not look well and some are
dead.

It has been an abornally wet summer in SE PA. The the combination of too much
water and planting shock causing the symtoms outlined?

Bob