Old 03-11-2003, 08:22 PM
rschmitt23

Default [IBC] Getting started

See pp 94-5 of Colin Lewis' excellent "Bonsai Survival Manual" for info on
fuchsia bonsai and a couple of interesting examples. They're regarded as
tender plants even though some varieties show various levels of frost
tolerance. According to the Sunset western garden bible, they are outdoor
plants in zones 15-24. Lewis says that fuchsias need to rest for 3 months at
temperatures between 40-50F.

Later

--
Ray Schmitt, Aliso Viejo, CA
Cold Hardiness Zone 10b

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote in message
In a message dated 11/2/2003 9:11:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

My first bonsai
will be a fuscia plant which is no loner needed.

I don't think I have ever seen a Fuscia bonsai. That does not mean it is
impossible.
I think you might benefit from some research/reading before you begin.
If you like looking at and/or printing out Internet pages there are a

number
of places on the web with great Bonsai advice.
Check out
www.evergreengardenworks.com. This site has a list of articles
on
Bonsai with a number aimed at the beginner.
Most public libraries have a few bonsai books.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++