Old 04-11-2003, 10:23 AM

Default National Botanic Garden of Wales

"Gareth Jones" wrote in message
SNIP:
: Its a very nice day out now. In years to come its going to be
: tremendous. Even if it can't self-fund itself, I just can't understand
: why the government isn't stepping in to keep it going on a permanent
: basis.
: Must be some political reasoning I'm not aware of methinks!
:
: --
: Gareth Jones
:
Possibly because they feel that the welsh can't have it both ways ie
nationalism when it suits them, or because they feel there are more
important things to spend money on ie health, education, social services
etc.

I'm not a political animal so I am not advocating the rights or wrongs of
this argument, just suggesting a possible reason..