Old 04-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Heather

Default New Garden - much excitement

"Bob Hobden" wrote

[snip]

Koi love plants in their ponds, attracts intsects etc for them to eat,

that
statement you heard probably came from some Koi nuts that keep their fish

in
clinically sterile ponds

[snip]

LOL - this sounds JUST like some people I know. Each to their own I suppose
but I'm more interested in the water and the plants!

[snip]

Oh, and if you have Koi in your pond it is THEIR pond, you are just the
staff, you will need to understand that. A bit like when you think you own

cat. :-)

Not a cat person but again I know exactly what you mean.... Bit more
diffiuclt for the koi to go down the road to get fed though isn't it?

Without filters it is doubtful you will ever see much in your pond unless
you plan to clean it out on a regular basis as the koi act like underwater
pigs and will root around in the detritus to find food and stir it up,

There are filters, I don't plan to take them out, I just don't want to be
forever cleaning them and fiddling around with changing lightbulbs.

I think I might see how it goes this winter and then see if anyone wants
them in the Spring. There are four koi, all just under a foot long and dark
coloured (ghost koi someone told me?)

Thanks

Heather

--

Spamtrap in operation. To reply to me direct put out the BINs. To save
yourself the trouble, reply to the Group.