Old 04-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default Zones (was suggestions)

In Kirra wrote:
Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
Z10

Kirra, did you know that Botanica's Roses lists both Sydney and Brisbane
as Zone 9? That in theory means that our lowest average winter
temperature is between -4 and -1 degrees celsius.

What a joke. I've lived in Sydney 34 years and temperatures have never
dropped below freezing at any time of day. I'd say we're Zone 10 too,
except perhaps the west at the foothills of the Blue Mountains where
some frost occurs.

There are so many errors in Botanica. I hope they fix them some time
soon. There is apparently a big rose encyclopedia due to be published
out of the UK before Christmas, but that's all I know. Interesting.