Old 04-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Land of shadow?

Kay Easton wrote in news:ZWiXFRCeJ6p
:

What about the spleenworts

Spleenworts! What a wonderful name.

I am definitely going to get some of those, so that I can point them out to
people and say 'those are spleenworts'.... In fact, I shall plant them
right next to the path so people have to brush past them, then I can also
say 'watch out for the spleenworts, they are rather damp today'.

(I fear my reasons for plant acquisitions tend to be a bit on the frivolous
side...)

Are they likely to be buyable, or will I need to have a go at rearing from
spores?

Bear in mind I am hopeless with tree fern spo have not tried other ferns
(deliberately at least: I am overrun with volunteers (harts tongue and male
fern mostly), but it's now got to the stage where planting those out would
feel like deliberately planting bindweed...)

Victoria