Old 04-11-2003, 01:32 PM
animaux

Default Double Bird-of-Paradise

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:06:32 GMT, Larry Jandro
opined:

On 03 Nov 2003, animaux tapped on a
keyboard and the electrons formed this:

Those are not double blooms. They are two blossoms on the same
plant. This is not unusual.

Thanks, and excuse my ignorance. What would be the difference
between a "double bloom" and "two blossoms"..?

It's just that in the past two years, we've not had this. Maybe the
plant goes through cycles every few years..?

I didn't say you were ignorant. Double blooms usually have a fuller bloom on
one blossom. It would have double ruffles, something in that order. Two
blossoms are not unusual as a plant gets older and has more vigor to produce
flowers.