Old 04-11-2003, 01:32 PM
animaux

Default What's this plant???

On 3 Nov 2003 16:40:25 -0700, Melissa opined:

The freakin picture that everyone has been showing me of Datura, had leaves
that were jagged, not like this!

Plants are identified by their flower parts, not their foliage. The plant you
have is Datura inoxia. There are other datura varieties and cultivars which
have different shaped leaves, D.metel has a double flower, D.wrightii is a huge
plant with huge flowers with slightly lavender throats (and I mean slightly).
So, to have a plant identified you'd need to include a photo of the flower, cone
or seed pod. In some cases you can identify by the seed pod, not always.