Old 04-11-2003, 02:32 PM
bb

Default ants

On 4 Nov 2003 05:46:56 -0800, (J. Del Col) wrote:

Schomburgkia (Myrmecophilia) species have hollow psuedobulbs that are
colonized by rather fierce ants which rush out and sting or bite
anything that disturbs the plants.

I just bought a bare root of a Schom tibianis. I rarely buy orhcids
at this point as I've got my hands full learning how to keep them
alive with a steady supply of sickly cast-offs from others. I figure
once I get the hang of rejuvinating the almost dead I can safely buy a
few that interest me.

Anyway, I found the fat hollow stalks of the Schom so intersting and
unique I just had to treat myself to it.

bb