Old 04-11-2003, 02:42 PM
bb

Default shade cloth

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:39:14 GMT, bb wrote:

Ok, do you folks in Florida remove your shade cloth this time of year?

Thanks to all who replied. It sure made for some interesting reading.

I guess in hindsight, the suggestion of going with a more shading
polycarb panel with less shade cloth, for my area, was a good one, in
hindsight. I might, if funds are more available than they are now, go
with a lighter shade cloth next year.

I've decided to leave the shade cloth up for the winters season. It
doesn't sound like I'm taking any great chance in leaving it up. My
experience in early summer, before the orchid area was built, and then
before I put up shade cloth, was almost a disaster. With that still
fresh in my mind, and some of the plants still in recovery from the
roasting, I'll go with what's apparently currently working.

bb