Old 04-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Jim Elbrecht

Default I eat slugs in my garden

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:31:41 +0200, Henriette Kress
wrote:

Stan J. Lefosi wrote:

Saves a lot of money, your garden is full of life,
slugs,snails,ants,worms,flies - taste great !

Just in case somebody doesn't recognize this as the troll it is:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_830525.html

I agree that it is probably a troll- but from the scientific article
in the Medical Journal of Australia
http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/...n10389_fm.html
it appears that the slugs that lad ate were infected & that cooking
them would probably have killed the disease. [much like the many
diseases that can be contracted by clams, oysters & scallops- but that
are eliminated by cooking.]

The US National Park Service mentions the edibility of slugs on this
page;
http://www.nps.gov/alcatraz/nature3.html

There is a recipe for Slug Fritters at
http://pub154.ezboard.com/fbuffratsf...picID=62.topic

Don't sign me up for eating slugs though, whether they are cooked or
raw.

Jim