Old 05-11-2003, 01:42 AM
Lee

Default picking flower seeds

Mark Anderson wrote in message y.net...

..

I had planned on harvesting a lot of seeds to start seedlings indoors
next Spring for my garden and to give away. I have a lot of morning
glory and moonflowers and there are a lot of pods. If I understand
right, I should let them sit out there and ripen on the vine for awhile
and then cut them free. It is very tempting to just snip them all off
right now and place them in a bag but I feared that maybe the seeds
aren't quite ready yet and they wouldn't germinated if harvested too
soon.

Mark.. if your morning glories are like mine, you will have plenty of
volunters next spring. i have been, even this late in the year,
scruffing out sprouts! ...but still...it's a good idea to save a few
just in case!

lee h