Old 05-11-2003, 07:02 AM
Norman

Default How to break up soil?

I think its called a pick and shovel. uses no petrol.

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
My husband and I have finally succeeded in getting the kikuyu off a large

mound
of soil at the back of our yard. (Oh!! Me achin' back!) The soil was

dumped
there some years ago during a time when we weren't in a position to use

it, so
the overgrowth was *BAD*! About half the work was done by hand and then

the
remainder of the lo-oo-ong grass was scalped off to the soil with the

whipper
snipper blade.

Now we're faced with a pile about twelve foot by three foot by two foot

deep of
excellent, though compacted soil! What's the name of the machine I need to

use
to break it up? And what should I do about the kikuyu cables I *know* are

still
lurking inside the pile? I have a notion of making a built-up veggie

garden by
putting in some timber edging and mulch, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to

where
I should start...

Any help will be gratefully appreciated! :-D
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia