Old 05-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Tom Randy

Default Christmas Cactus

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:29:23 -0500, Françoise wrote:

Hi,

Last year my Christmas Cactus did nothing before Christmas. I put it in
the dark for a while. It finally flowered with a few flowers but nothing
to speak about. It was in February.

This year, I did nothing. I just noted that it has some flowers and a lot
of buds. No branches are without a bud. It will be gorgeous soon. I guess
all the flowers will be gone at Christmas time though. Ah well.

Françoise.

I find they need cooler temperatures more than darkness. Mine are setting
buds right now. I put them closer to the floor where it's cooler and bam,
new flower buds.