Old 05-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Lou Minatti

Default Beware of lawn mowing company scam

"Warren" wrote in message news:UA%pb.81285$9E1.402303@attbi_s52...
Lou Minatti wrote in message
om...:

Why do you assume she didn't have a written contract? Why do you
assume she doesn't fully understand it?

Lou assumed nothing In message
om... you wrote
I cut my own lawn. This is about my elderly neighbor who did NOT

sign
a contract agreeing to lawn mowing year-round. But thanks to

their
scam, now she has to have it done - which costs her 25% more than

she
budgeted for annual lawn care. Can you grasp that?

So did she or did she not sign a contract?

And what did that contract say about overseeding? Is overseeding the
standard practice in your area? You've already said that at least two
companies have done it without being asked to do it. If it's the
standard practice in your area, and she didn't get it in writing that
they shouldn't and wouldn't do so, then she hasn't a leg to stand on.

Or do you not even care about this anymore. Your latest posts seem to
indicate you're more interested in flaming folks for assuming that
you've been telling us an accurate story. Your facts keep shifting in
vain attempts to bolster your self-righteousness. You want to make this
some emotional "I'm right even if I'm wrong" thread, fine. Feel free to
ignore the good advice you've been getting. Go ahead and let your
neighbor get "scammed" next year just because your ego is too big to
allow you to listen to advice.

I'm stating an opinion that I believe some lawn companies are
spreading winter rye without telling their customers. For two years in
a row someone has spread winter rye on my next door neighbor's lawn.
She has used two different companies. Nowhere on the agreements she
has signed is there any word, phrase or clause about these companies
spreading winter rye.

I believe I initiated a reasonable message to this thread. I believe
my messages since have been clear. Obviously there is some disconnect,
and I'm not going to disrupt the newsgroup further.