Old 05-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Michael Savage

Default How to grow moss on garden walls.

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
I have read previous posts on this group about moss but they all seem
to be about removing it rather than encouraging it!

I have some low level (approx 600mm high) walls in may garden which
creats a look of too much brick work. It looks too new and
un-established.

I would like to grow some moss on the walls but i don't know where to
start.

Any advice anyone?
Someone suggested live yoghurt?

Regards,

Rich

I've heard of yogurt too... I know that liquid slurry has been successfully
used on gabions (wire baskets of stones) and on quarry faces, so how about
diluting some manure in a watering can and pouring it on? Or making it a bit
thicker and painting it on? Then you could work it into the pores of the
bricks...

Michael S