Old 05-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Ben

Default should I buy bigger plants?

All summer I have worked my ass off making a divided - and yes, I
installed barrier - bamboo garden.... minus the bamboo. Now I am
ready to begin planting. I was looking at a local nusery which has
sizes ranging from one gallon to field-dug specimens with a rootball 2
1/2 feet wide or more. The price difference is staggering, of course.
Since I am intalling at least ten varieties of bamboo and probably
more in the future, I am wondering if I should go for the expensive
plants rather than five gallon or smaller plants. Will I see much of
a difference in how fast the grove gets started? Or will a well cared
for five gallon potted plant be just as good?