Old 05-11-2003, 05:32 PM
dd

Default paphs in s/h

From the peanut gallery: I bought a pot of identical green/white
paphs--there were three in the pot, and all were in active growth. I
repotted them: two in bark media and one in S/H. One of the paphs in
bark media is just limping along and hasn't done much. The other two
are doing great. The S/H paph is the most robust of the two. I should
note though that it did take a few months for it to really get going in
the new media.

My experience with S/H has been that it's a great media IF you pot your
orchids when they are in active growth. Adjusting to this new media and
putting out new roots does tax the plant. I've tried putting unhappy
orchids and "just sitting there" orchids in this media, and they went
south--fast.

You might try to perk up your paph by giving it a little more light,
since it's so dark this time of year, and some weak fertilizer with
trace minerals.

In article , Jonathan Phua
wrote:

Hi,
I decided to throw my paph delenatii in s/h, since it wasn't rooting for a
very long time. It only has a couple of dormant roots. Anyone grows their
paphs in s/h and what's ur experience?

Jon