Old 05-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Tumbleweed

Default How to grow moss on garden walls.

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
I have read previous posts on this group about moss but they all seem
to be about removing it rather than encouraging it!

I have some low level (approx 600mm high) walls in may garden which
creats a look of too much brick work. It looks too new and
un-established.

I would like to grow some moss on the walls but i don't know where to
start.

Any advice anyone?
Someone suggested live yoghurt?

Regards,

Rich

AFAIK the yoghurt etc suggestions are for lichen, not moss. If you want
moss, you'll also have to keep it wet, then it will just turn up but I
suppose you could help it along by just putting some moss there to start.
But if if the environment isnt reasonably wet, nothing you put on is going
to help it grow. ....IMHO... :-)

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)