Old 06-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Cass

Default Tip on rooting cuttings...

In article m, Theo
Asir wrote:

This year for the first time I had some pretty
spectacular results with rooting cuttings.

Almost 80% success rate.

Now for a person who was happy with
10-15% success rates this qualifies for
as spectacular.

The key ingredient discovered -
drum roll - even high tempreture.

I kept all my cuttings in a heat controlled
box near my drier @ 85-90F constant with
grow lights. rooting was rapid 3 weeks in most
cases.

Just thought I'd share this tidbit 'cos I've
never seen it mentioned as such a crucial
factor.

Wasn't it here that the professor from Texas Ag posted his lawn misting
system? Consistent high heat, up to 120 degrees, is what is used in
commercial operations for rooting softwood cuttings. High heat and
consistent misting.

I had a lot of luck this summer too. Too much luck. I probably have
about 25 to 30 plants. I like to give them to people that visit my
garden, so I start the roses that people rave about or that I really
like and want to spread around.