Old 06-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Madgardener

Default another idea for figs

Heidi wrote in
. com:

Madgardener and all other fig growers,

I just ran across a jar of Fig and Cranberry Preserves in the grocery
store. I don't have a recipe, but I would assume that a fig jam
recipe could be modified with cranberries added in. Sounded like a
good combination to me...and you could spread it on a leftover turkey
sandwich after Thanksgiving! (For those who eat winged creatures...),
or spread it on crackers w/ cheese like a chutney.

I wonder how figs would taste in a salsa?

Well, not sure if you still have figs, but thought I'd toss those out!

Heidi

that sounds interesting! I still have a few. The ones I spot up in the
upper branch tips are droopy and so sweet they're unreal The rest I
will let drop as it's too far in the season to get a good ripening. But
those five I picked the other day were a special treat. Fig preserves.
I'll have to look up a receipe for next year. I'm not pruning the tree
this year in hopes that this was the reason I had a whole lot more than
I ever had in the past. Thanks for thinking of us! madgardener