Old 06-11-2003, 02:02 AM
David Auker

Default Pumpkin seeds RULE!

Did you grow them? Harvesting/opening the pumpkin to reveal the seeds
neatly waiting is a wonder (but somewhat time-consuming...I wonder what the
commercial process is like!?)
-David

"dstvns" wrote in message
: Hello,
:
: I never tasted baked pumpkin seeds before last Sunday, and never knew
: what I was missing!!! They're like massive sunflower seeds that don't
: need to be shelled!! I salted them, put them single-layer on a
: cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes at 325F and viola, instant
: super-treat These pumpkins were the "Triple Treat" Burpee seed
: variety.
:
: However, a word of warning - they tend to pop like popcorn all over
: the oven, so put a layer of aluminum foil over the top of the sheet to
: keep them from spraying all over the oven
:
: Dan
: