Old 06-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Tom Randy

Default Sunrise vs. Christmas Cactus

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 07:56:12 -0500, Cereoid-UR12- wrote:

You must not be aware that "Sunrise cactus" (= Hatiora (including
Rhipsalidopsis)) and "Christmas cactus" (= Schlumbergera (including
Zygocactus)) are not the same thing.

Ummm, yes I know. Thanks again for asking.

Tom Randy wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 18:00:00 -0500, Fleemo wrote:

I've got a Sunrise cactus that I bought at the store, which came with
instructions to give it cold temperatures (40 degrees) in November and
December in order to have it bloom a few weeks later. I also have a
few Christmas cacti that were given to me and I'm not sure when their
bloom time is. Should I put them in the cold along with the Sunrise
cactus,

or
leave them inside where it's warm and hope they bloom?

-Fleemo

Give it cooler temps and it'll start budding for you.